Monday, March 31, 2008

red sky at night, zomban delight

There was a rainbow opposite in the sky, which we did not see, but--what a beautiful sight, after a day of steady rain. Kaleigh took this photo, shortly before Don arrived home from a 12-hour stint doing exams at SIU. Kaleigh and I left home this morning to attend swimming class at the Y. Afterwards, we went to the book club hostesses' home to play and chat until book club started. The girls read The Birdwatchers by Simon James, made birding journals, and then played long and hard, having a great time.

Kaleigh and I finished and started another book in the All of a Kind Family books series by Sydney Taylor. It's some good kid adventures, with a lot of girls. The book provides an interesting view of New York's East Side prior to WWI, and a social history of Jewish family life and customs of the time. I have learned a lot I did not know about Judaism.

Tomorrow is Kaleigh's ballet and tap class, practicing for the Big Recital. I have a feeling she would enjoy the class more if it was a plain old dance class, but she still likes to dance, likes her teacher, and her classmates. Afterwards, Don and Kaleigh and our friends Grace and Shannon are going to attend Toying with Science. As I explained to my mom, it's not-school for kids who go to school, but school for kids who homeschool. Don, called upon to answer all questions science in our house, is looking forward to it. I like science as an adult, but my knowledge is pretty limited. My junior high science teacher used to make up a lot of answers to questions he did not know, which I found out the hard way. I feel like I'm learning alongside Kaleigh now, and it's fun! I imagine she'll be able to teach me a lot after tomorrow's show. After the show, Kaleigh and her friend Grace are going to play imagination hardcore for a while. They always have terrific fun together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
D. Lollard said...

NO!! DON'T SEE THERE!! spam. If I could delete it or block it, I would, but for some reason my blogger dashboard does not allow me.