Wednesday, March 5, 2008

cause for excitement

This is quite an exciting morning in our house. Kaleigh started doing this yesterday, unprompted: reading on her own, silently. Yeah!!!!

Yesterday, Kaleigh went to ballet and tap class, and then played with her friend Grace for many hours in the afternoon. They cleaned up like responsible girls.

We had about 5 inches of snow yesterday, which fell in about 4 hours. It was really beautiful, and thick!

I started reading another Kim Stanley Robinson book called 40 Signs of Rain. It is about now. I don't know why I like this author so much. He has an uncommon way of taking the everyday and mundane and describing it in striking detail. He's my favorite Sci-fi author next to Saint Phil (KD).

Today is going to be a fun day at home for Kaleigh and I. Don will be gone most of the day, first to SIU for a dry run, and then to IBR to sling some plasma. We're going to do chores, and do things we haven't had time to do with all the socializing we've been doing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kal's on the loose, no stopping her now! I can remember the day when I took off with reading to myself, for pleasure. It's a day I'll remember forever. I wonder if she'll remember this day in a special way?