Thursday, February 28, 2008

this was an exciting day

I made these horse heads out of plaster of Paris, and I haven't gotten to painting them yet, even today that's maybe even a week after I made them. And the horse heads even have reins that show. You might be able to see them in the picture, but I don't know. There were little molds that came in a kit, so I put the mixture of water and plaster of Paris in the molds, and it took overnight for them to dry. And someday I will get to painting them.

I experimented with making molds out of egg cartons. I put the plaster of Paris mix in the egg carton molds, and popped them out and now they are paperweights. And sometime I will paint them.

Here I am opening a box from Rainbow Resource Center, full of homeschooling surprises. And mommy made a game for me so I can open one of them every morning, because she wrapped them as presents. We made a game out of it. On each present is an answer. To find the question, I pull a piece of paper out of a box that has a question on it in French, like "Ou est le salon?" I got to the living room, and take down the sign that says le salon, and on the back is a question. Today's question was, what is 100 minus 90? Using my abacus, I figured out that it was 10, instead of 80 like I thought. I opened the present that had the number 10 on it, and it was a solar experiment kit. My favorite things I've gotten from the box are the abacus, the electronics experiment kit, and my calendar book.

Here I am with Daddy, doing a flip off mommy and daddy's bed, onto the floor, with Daddy, as you can see in the picture. This is a gymnastics show. I do a somersault on my bed, then get up with my feet against the wall and do another somersault sideways onto the floor. Then Daddy lifts me up with his legs and flips me over into a supported backbend, and gently sets me on the floor. Ta-da! Mommy can't watch because it scares her.

--heart fairy

No comments: